Indian Engineering Services Exam provides excellent job opportunities for Engineering Graduates. Candidates who have cleared Indian Engineering Services (IES) Exam will be placed as Assistant Executive Engineer in various departments under Central Government in the initial stage. Those who have experience up to 32years will be promoted as Secretary to Government of India. Indian Railway, Indian Defense Service, Geological Survey of India, Indian Supply Service and Indian Telecommunication Service etc are some of the areas where engineers can look for a career.
Candidates who have cleared Indian Engineering Services Exam, conducted by UPSC can seek employment invarious departments under Government of India. Recruitment is conducted on the basis of ranks and industrial experience of the candidates. Candidates can seek employment according to the subjects they have specialized in engineering degree.
Candidatesare placed as Assistant Executive Engineer in various organizations at the time of selection. After three to four years of service, they can work in the postof Executive Engineer which is equivalent to Under Secretary to Government of India. Those who have 20 years of service will be promoted to the post of Chief Engineer level-1. Engineers having professional experience of 32 years will be posted as Secretary to the Government of India
Nationality : A candidate must be either:
- (a) a citizen of India
- (b) a subject of Nepal
- (c) a subject of Bhutan
- (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in IndiaProvided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and
- (e) above shallbe a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued by the Government of India.
Age limit in ESE-2013 examination :
(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, 2013 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January,1983 and not later than 1st January, 1992. (b) The upper age limit of 30 years will be relaxableupto 35 years in the case of Government Servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/ Post(s) mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular Department/Office concerned. This relaxation will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/Office during the period of his probation. However this relaxation will be admissible to a probationer so appointed provided he/she already retains a lien on a permanent post in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
For admission to the examination, a candidate must have :
- Obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutionsestablished by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- (c) Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/ College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized byThe Government for the purpose from time to time.
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India).
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India.
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Engineer, Gr. 'A' inWireless Planning & Coordination Wing/ Monitoring Organisation may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification
Mentioned below namely:-
- M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
- NOTE-1 : A candidate who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render him educationally qualified for this examination, but has not been Informed of the result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such Candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but their admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination along with the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted by the Candidates who qualify on the result of written part of the examination.
- NOTE-2: In exceptional cases, the Commission may treat a candidate, who has not any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he/she has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his/her admission to the examination.
- NOTE-3 : A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a foreign University which is not recognized by Government, may also apply to the Commission and may be admitted to the examination at the discretion of the Commission.
Physical standards :
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Examination, 2012 as per guidelines given in Appendix-II of the Rules for the Engineering Services Examination, 2012 published in the Gazette of India.
Examination date & pattern : 03 Days
- 01 DAY : General Ability Test (2 Hour & 200 Marks )
- 02 DAY : Objective Paper-I (2 Hour & 200 Marks ) & Objective Paper-II (2 Hour & 200 Marks )
- 03 DAY : Conventional Paper-I (2 Hour & 200 Marks ) & Conventional Paper-II (2 Hour & 200 Marks )
Personality Test / Interview : 200 Marks ( After qualifying written examination )
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE