JOB DESCRIPTION :
ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer `SC’ in the pay band of Rs. 15600-39100 with grade pay of Rs. 5400/- to the young graduates in the following specialized fields:-
Post Code : BE 001
Post Name : Scientist/Engineer 'SC’ [Electronics]
No. of Vacancies : 216
Post Code : BE 002
Post Name : Scientist/Engineer 'SC’ [Mechanical]
No. of Vacancies : 109
Post Code : BE 003
Post Name : Scientist/Engineer 'SC' [Computer Science]
No. of Vacancies : 50
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of all semesters for which results are available) or CGPA 6.84 on a ten scale. Minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 in section B alone for candidates with AMIE/Grad IETE qualification.
- Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2015-16 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31/8/2016.
Age limit :
- 35 years as on 25.05.2016.
- Ex-Serviceman and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted on the ISRO web-site between 05.05.2016 and 25.05.2016.
- Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 05.05.2016 and 25.05.2016.
- Applications will be received on-line only.
- Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference.
- E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application CORRECTLY and compulsorily.
- The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a `No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
Application Fee :
- There will be an Application Fee of `100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application.
- After registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized payment challan form, in triplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Receipt Account Number, Advertisement No., and Post code.
- The candidates may visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India for remittance of application fee to Receipt Account (32034064593), by using the personalized payment challan of State Bank of India on any day between 05.05.2016 and 26.05.2016.
- The candidates may down-load and print the personalized payment challan from the ISRO system on any day between 05.05.2016 and 25.05.2016 and remit the application fee before the prescribed last date i.e, 26.05.2016.
- Upon remittance of the application fee, one copy of the challan form will be retained by State Bank [Bank copy] and remaining two parts will be given to the candidate.
- Out of the two challan parts, the candidate has to send one part of the challan form [ISRO copy] to Sr. Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bengaluru - 560094 by ‘ORDINARY POST ONLY’ superscribing in the envelope “ICRB - RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘SC’ “ within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 01.06.2016.
- The remaining copy of challan form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference.
- The payment shall be made through cash deposit only. Payment of Application fee in any other form like cash, cheque, draft, money order, IPO, etc, are not allowed.
- Applications in respect of which copy of challan form, after remittance of prescribed application fee [ISRO copy] is not received in ISRO HQ, Bengaluru on or before 01.06.2016, will not be considered for further processing under any circumstances.
Selection Process :
- The candidate should have first class with minimum 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 on a ten scale in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent. Minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84 in section B alone for candidates with AMIE/Grad IETE qualification.
- Please note that this prescribed qualification is the MINIMUM requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test.
- Based on the performance in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified. Written test is only a first level screening and written test score will not be considered for final selection process.
- Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview and those who secure minimum 60% marks in the interview will be eligible for consideration for empanelment in the selection panel, in the order of merit.
Written Test Centers :
- The written test will be conducted on 03.07.2016 at ten venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram.
- However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre.
Call Letters :
- The call letters for the written test to the short-listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the last week of June 2016.
Answer Key :
- The Answer Keys will be published on the ISRO Web-site within three working days of the Written test, i.e on 07.07.2016.
- The candidates may raise objections, if any, within 5 days (i.e. on or before (12.07.2016) of publishing the answer keys in the web-site, to the e-mail email@example.com. Objections, if any, received thereafter will not be considered under any circumstances.
About the organization :
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO]/Department of Space Centres/Units are engaged in Research and Development activities in application of Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them. ISRO strives to serve the nation in the areas of television broadcast, telecommunication, meteorological application and in management of our natural resources. The Indian space programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in space technology and its applications for national development.
The future ISRO programme envisages development of cutting edge technologies for reusable launch vehicle, development of advanced technologies for Human Spaceflight Programme, advanced high efficiency semi-cryogenic propulsion engine, advanced communication satellite, air breathing propulsion, satellite based navigation system, hyperspectral imaging sensors, lunar & Planetary exploration etc.
Challenging opportunities exist at ISRO to undertake development of innovative technologies and establish the advanced infrastructure needed for space exploration and beyond.
VISITOFFICIAL WEB-SITE www.isro.gov.in FOR LATEST UPDATES ON THE STATUS OF